View Full Version : My personal homepage.

xconspirisist
12-29-2006, 10:03 PM
I would love to hear some comments, critique, and general suggestions regarding my personal website. It is designed to be an online persence for me on the internet. I have a public blog, image gallery, about page, projects listing and a basic CV with contact details.

http://www.jwread.com

Many thanks go out in advance to anyone kind enough to reply.

alphomega
12-30-2006, 01:04 AM
Hope you will never be worried about identity theft with you publishing so much information about yourself on the web???

xconspirisist
12-30-2006, 01:06 AM
No, I dont worry about it really. Most of that information could be found anyway if people look hard enough.

Graft-Creative
12-30-2006, 01:13 AM
Hope you will never be worried about identity theft with you publishing so much information about yourself on the web???

He's a Bouncer, does he look worried :D

Hey, he turned me away for trainers once, I'm sure :)

Gary

alphomega
12-30-2006, 01:15 AM
Very true.

Seems to be very full of information, I assume this is done to help you will employment in the future, or is it just for fun?

xconspirisist
12-30-2006, 01:19 AM
I am working towards my dream of becomming a freelance programmer when I finish University. The site is designed so that people can browse through my projects and whatnot to get a general feel for what I do. It's not really catered yet to selling myself because of the blog being there, and even the image gallery, so at the moment it very much remains my personal homepage, but I like it. :)

btw - You're a scummer? We beat people up for that from where we come from. (pompey) :D

Graft-Creative
12-30-2006, 01:35 AM
I'm the scummer Daddy: all stripey Lacoste and reflective Rockports ;)

Kidding - site looks really good so far, nice , simple & clean.

I think the only thing that really bugs me is the instructions: like - Browse around the website etc.

Try to make the content of the site take the lead - a minimalist design like this really relies on the content to carry the visitor through.

Kind regards,

Gary

Mr. Bubble
12-30-2006, 03:13 AM
I like the simplicity of your design. :thumbsup:

But just to let you know: You spelt 'refurers' wrong, the correct way is 'referers'... :p ;) ( http://www.jwread.com/hits.php )

xconspirisist
12-30-2006, 04:09 AM
Thank you very much to the three of you who have given feedback! If you would like feedback in return, please feel free to point me towards the appropriate threads for your sites. I would be more than happy to return the favor.

Mr. Bubble: My spelling can be bad at times. Thanks for the correction :)

Troy297
01-01-2007, 05:36 AM
Hum... Generally speaking the site is simple to use, easy to navigate through, and it is informative and to the point! Its easy to find what you're looking for. Some suggestions are:

-Add a logo. Try and maybe put something, even if its not a logo (an image perhaps) in one of the upper corners of your site. It would add a bit more of a "personal touch" to the site and give it some more colour.

-It may just be my but I had absolutely no idea what a "CV" was until I looked. You might want to possibly rename the link or something. You could also try adding the title attribute to your "a" tag (<a href="#" title="Description">CV</a>).

I also took the time to validate all your pages, css included and they all passed in XHTML Strict! Thats pretty good! I am way too lazy to make everything perfectly compliant for my personal homepage!

So overall your website is maybe a little lacking in creativity :P but it is easy to use and delivers the content well. 4/5 Stars!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum