View Full Version : Fairway Floor

12-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Hey guys,

Just trying to design a basic website but I need quite a bit of help. The site renders almost perfectly in IE (borders on the right side are off) but has some rendering issues in Opera and FF. If you guys could give me any suggestions as to what I could do to make the site better that would be great. I am sure the first thing will be it's very plain, but if you could tell me what I could do to make it better that'd be great!

Original: http://www.fairwayfloor.com
New: http://fairway.a-lantech.com

BTW, I am trying to work around the logo, even though I have other cool ideas, but the logo wouldn't match what I'd like to do.

EDIT: The logo isn't finished btw. ;)

12-30-2006, 03:02 AM

updated header and background

12-30-2006, 03:17 AM
That is a masssive improvement. Here are some suggestions:

1) The first step to making your website cross compatable, is to make your website validate with the w3c page validator. The url is: validator.w3.org

2) The text body needs a single background color, try encasing the body text in a box. The background color could be a white, or a pale blue. You'll have to fiddle with that a little.

3) Try reducing the font size to something equivilent to Verdana, 9pt. It will make your text more readable.

4) The navigation buttons look a bit odd being fixed width. Try making them size automatically to the content.

12-30-2006, 04:23 AM
I am not sure why the content background is not showing up. It works in IE but not in Opera or FF. :S, #1 fixed btw ;)

EDIT: Getting closer to #2 but how would I fill it all in with white or a selected color (possibly light teal?)

#3 done
#4 good suggestion, but I have the site split up into 8 100px columns, and the nav links line up with them at the fixed width (well pretty dang close atleast, maybe a pixel off)

Thanks, will look into the others!

12-30-2006, 05:08 AM
That looks a lot, lot better. Really quite ashtonishing!

For your problems with the background color not filling the whole block, you should apply your css to #content.

Keep up the good work. You say you are still working on the logo, so I'll leave you to that. I have some suggestions for that as well too if you'd like to hear them at some point.

Again, very nice. Well done.

12-30-2006, 05:10 AM
I would love to hear ANY feedback ;)

it turned out that I had to drop in:

float: left; into my #content to get the background to show up.

Thanks for your help :D

12-30-2006, 05:29 AM
Looking very nice now. Let us all know when the finished site is available!

If you believe I have been helpful, it would be nice to recieve a reputation point, which can be found under the icons on the left hand side.

12-31-2006, 09:06 AM
When I mouse-over your links I don't see it remove underline...Did you set

<a onmouseover=""></a>

in there?