View Full Version : Html Tables vs CSS Tables

pantherkitten9
12-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Okay. Here is my question and I want both views on which way is better?

I know how to do Html tables (normal tables). With CSS I am still learning how to do everything.. so if CSS is better to go with, please let me know of a tutorial to make css tables.

So what are the pros and cons of each? :confused:
I have heard sticking with normal tables is better and that css isnt that great for tables...
and then I have heard css is better for it.

So which is better? Any information is greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-18-2006, 06:35 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by CSS tables really tables should only be used to display data not for page layout. Read the article in my sig titled "Why Tables for Layout is stupid?"

pantherkitten9
12-18-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by CSS tables really tables should only be used to display data not for page layout. Read the article in my sig titled "Why Tables for Layout is stupid?"

Thanks for the site recommendation, looking through it now.
the whole <div> tag has me confused...i am so used to tables for certain parts of layouts its hard to switch over. But I am trying.

Thank you. Probably seems like such a silly question to some, but in school we concentrated more on tables and had one day of css..... and i missed that day.

forgottenglory
12-19-2006, 01:47 AM
I am used to think and design using tables and I have recently seen the advantages of using CSS over tables. I agree it might be hard to design in CSS when we are so used to tables but I think it is even harder to think in CSS. But as with all things, practice makes perfect. Reading 'Why tables for layout is stupid' has answered a lot of questions, cleared a lot of the confusion and certainly opened the door to a new way of thinking designwise.:thumbsup:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum