View Full Version : Niggly Little problems with IE and FF...

jonnybinthemix
12-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry to pester you all with another one of these common niggly little problems, ive been around for a while and learnt a hell of a lot from you guys, but this is one that is bugging me!!

I have starting this site... www.jdbcomputers.co.uk

However in IE the list of services on the left is all out of line and in FF there are some annoying spaces at the very top :(

Does anyone have any ideas of how to get round this?

Thanks

Jon

trigger_tre
12-16-2006, 02:10 PM
try to validate your code first.

Click HERE (http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jdbcomputers.co.uk%2F)

Definently fix some of your attribute issues or possibly your doctype to comply with the attributes you are trying to use.

-trigger

jonnybinthemix
12-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Hi mate,

thanks for your help there,

i have got the errors down frm 19 to 6!! but the 6 that are there make no sence to me, they are going on about incorrect doc type for those attributes, however i have tried various different doc types to no avail...

Fixing the 13 errors however dident fix any of my niggly little problems :(

Any other ideas? :)

Thanks

Jon

trigger_tre
12-16-2006, 04:05 PM
add this just below the <head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" >

refresh the page then try to re-validate it.

I see more errors but we will take it one step at a time.

-trigger

Arbitrator
12-16-2006, 05:19 PM
i have got the errors down frm 19 to 6!! but the 6 that are there make no sence to me, they are going on about incorrect doc type for those attributes, however i have tried various different doc types to no avail...Those attributes are deprecated in favor of CSS. Replace them with their CSS equivalents of the background-image, width, height, border-width, and margin/padding properties. You could clean up a lot more of the attributes using CSS as well.

Concerning your layout, if youíre going to use tables for layout, at least use only one tableÖ I donít think Iíve ever seen so many nested tables. Iíd say that itís rare that there should be a justification for nesting multiple tables.

jonnybinthemix
12-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help :)

Ive been working on it all day, and i really thought i was getting somewhere, and when i previewed in a browser, it was all over the place.

My original plan this morning was to take the top (pic + menu etc) and turn it all into css with no tables, thinking this would sort the gaps at the top in FF out. just when i thought i was getting somewhere after hours and hours it dident work so i got mad and closed it all without saving it! :(

So now im running out of steam!! :( ive tried everything to solve the 6 remaining errors, but no joy.

I used to be pretty good at all this, but where i havent done it for so long ive forgotten everything! :(

Someone please help...! :'(

Thanks

Jon

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum