View Full Version : Calling all ActionScript Programmers

Dovey
12-15-2006, 12:12 PM
Hi guys

really new to Flash and Actionscript but here is the problem i have anyway..

i am working on a project that uses multiple scenes, in one scene i have three buttons which when clicked should go to one of three other corresponding screens. I have given the buttons Instance names and have then added code in a seperate actions layer.. here is the code

stop();

Made_btn.onRelease= function() {
gotoAndPlay ("Made",1)
};

Made_btn is the instance name of my Button symbol and "Made" is the scene i wish it to travel to

If i add code directly to the button itself using

on (release) {
gotoAndPlay ("Made",1);
}

this works fine... but when i use the top code on a seperate actions layer i get nothing?? I have tried google to figure out why but everything i have tried doesn't seem to work? I know using scenes is rubbish but i have to for part of a project. Any insight into my problem would be greatly appreciated

Thankyou :)

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Can you attach your .fla file? Put in a zip file and attach it or upload it elsewhere and give us a link to it.

tribalmaniac
12-18-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm confused! What you've typed seems perfect? its a logn shot but try correctly formatting it:

Made_btn.onRelease = function(){
gotoAndPlay("Made", 1);
}

also make sure Made_btn is the instance name, not the normal name of the symbol and also be aware of capital letters :)

Dovey
12-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks for your input, i gave that a try but it still doesn't work!? weird! i always name my symbols with the word 'symbol' at the end anyway eg. Made_btnSymbol So i can't get confused to which is which.. I'll keep trying anyway

Cheers :thumbsup:

tribalmaniac
12-19-2006, 05:09 PM
If you upload the FLA I'll sort it no problems :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum