View Full Version : help with query

daraptor
12-13-2006, 02:37 PM
hey guyz...am a newbie to sql....
i got this table in MS access which has got all the airport codes.........
the name of the table is Airport_codes...
the column names in the table are.....Airport_code, Airport_name, State, Country......so my problem is what would be the query to get any airport code.....for example
when i type cmh in the search box it should bring up port columbus intl airport .....
like this i should be able to bring up any airport code jss by typin the code in the search box....i hope u got my point....i know this is a dumb question...but am a newbie...am quite confused...hope someone will help me out with this.....thanx guyz......

Brandoe85
12-13-2006, 03:06 PM
From the sounds of it you'll need to use the where clause:
select * from airport_codes where airport_code = your value

ref:
http://www.databasedev.co.uk/using-where-clause.html

Good luck;

daraptor
12-13-2006, 03:52 PM
brandoe ....whats the my value....is it the name of the form or what.....plz help me man.....

Brandoe85
12-13-2006, 03:54 PM
It's the airport_code ( or whatever you type) in your example it would be 'cmh':
select * from airport_codes where airport_code = 'cmh'

daraptor
12-13-2006, 04:19 PM
hey brandoe thanx man...got it....hey man....one more question....i was able to bring up the airport code which i want..but is there any way i can bring up even if i type in the country.....like
if i type USA..it should bring up all the airport codes in USA.....thanx for the help man...appreciate it.....

Brandoe85
12-13-2006, 04:34 PM
You're welcome.

Switch the field from airport_code to country:
select * from airport_codes where country = 'USA'

guelphdad
12-13-2006, 06:20 PM
since you are using ACCESS this does not belong in the MySQL forum, I'll move it into the general database discussion forum.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum