View Full Version : Dreamweaver or HTML help pleaseeee!

blahman64
12-13-2006, 12:28 AM
Hey people what's doin'?

K I have a question concerning HTML/Dreamweaver...

I'm trying to make a website (done it before but this is going to be my nicest one)... I have a photo that I 'mapped' to make into a menu (linked)..
I need/want to put a table to the right of it, but I don't want the menu to be part of the table, or in a table at all whatsoever.

How would I go about doing this? Someone told me I must put a table within a table, however this results in having to include the menu in the table, which I would prefer to avoid.

Thank you,

whizard
12-13-2006, 12:55 AM
<head>
<style>
div.table_holder
{
float:right;
}
div.menu_holder
{
float:left;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div class="table_holder">
TABLE GOES HERE
</div>
<div class="menu_holder">
MENU GOES HERE
</div>
</body>

rmedek
12-13-2006, 01:30 AM
Hi blahman64,

I know you're in a rush and all, but you're required to read the Posting Guidelines (http://codingforums.com/postguide.htm) before posting a thread. Edit your title, please.

blahman64
12-13-2006, 01:30 AM
thanks, but it doesn't work.

all that does is make me place the table above the menu.

whizard
12-13-2006, 01:49 AM
try wrapping them both in a div:

<div class="wrapper">
<div class="table_holder">
</div>
<div class="menu_holder">
</div>
</div>

ronaldb66
12-13-2006, 11:31 AM
You probably haven't accounted for the room needed for these floated sections to sit next to eachother.
To get this to work you'll need to think about giving the various sections fitting dimensions, at least widths: floating an element makes it "shrink wrap" its contents unless a specific width is supplied.
So: think about whether you want to layout to have a fixed width, or have it adapt to the available window width; also, does the menu need a fixed width (considering it's based on a sliced-n-diced image I would expect so) or not?

By the way: how proficient are you in HTML and CSS?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum