View Full Version : Challenge

12-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Hi all,

Im trying to complete a security challenge. Im not very good with javascript but I need to debug this code, can anyone help with it?

function o(e){var k='';for(var i=0;i<e.length;i+=arguments.callee.toString().length-141){k+=String.fromCharCode(e.charCodeAt(i)>>1);}eval(k);}
o('\\PNx@zDD@zD^D@zDfff\\D|x^ |NRv');

Many thanks

12-11-2006, 05:25 PM
The whole idea behind the challenge is for you to do it yourself not for you to ask others for help. Why do you need to debug it anyways? Its obvious someone doesn't want you to know what it says.

12-11-2006, 06:59 PM
There are different stages of the challenge before this one which ive gotten through but this part has me stumped. The hint says it need debugging.
I really dont have a clue what the above is supposed to do. Im not asking for anyone to solve it for me, just a pointer.
Ive googled the functions and im still getting nowhere.

12-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Get Firefox and test the script. Firefox will give you errors telling you the general problem. Where are you taking these challenges?

12-11-2006, 07:31 PM
If you are looking for the problem, it lies in how the for loop is constructed.

Place an alert(k) before eval(k), and then change the ;i+=bunch_of_junk to ;i++, you will get some very interesting information from the alert.

12-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Thanks for your help guys, youve been really great!