View Full Version : FTP Problems with a Linux Server

requestcode
11-22-2002, 02:45 PM
I just set up a Linux Server (Red Hat 7.2) with Apache and PHP. I am trying to FTP to it from my PC as a test and I am getting the message:
Socket Connection refused by server.

Is there a setting on the Linux server that I need to change to allow me to do this. I am using the correct login (root) and password. Is it that I cannot login as root? Thank you for any help you can give me.

bcarl314
11-22-2002, 04:47 PM
Did you start the FTP server on Linux?

requestcode
11-22-2002, 06:40 PM
Good Question. Probably not. I will check. (As you can tell I am new at this stuff).

requestcode
11-22-2002, 06:57 PM
Ok let me ask this. From my PC dos prompt I can ftp to a Unix maching by typing this: ftp 00.00.0.0 (IP addr) and it will allow me to log in and access files. This unix maching does not have an FTP server running. Why would I need one to access my Linux box? Maybe a stupid question, but again I am new at this. Is it possible that there is a setting that needs to be modified to allow some one to FTP to the box? Also I can FTP from the Linux box to the Unix box without trouble, but can not FTP from the Unix box to the Linux box without getting the refusal message.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum