View Full Version : Signature Block @media print

Eskimo
12-07-2006, 09:44 PM
I have an app in an intranet environment that creates printable reports with the intent that these reports will be signed and filed.

In the past I have used tables to get the signature block to always appear at the bottom of the page no matter how many pages the report ended up being. Of course this means that the table had a height attribute set which doesn't really exist. I would like to do this in a more intelligent fashion but am having difficulty getting the desired results.

My original answer was just NOT having the signature block always appearing at the bottom but just ending up wherever it would in normal document flow. I was sneered at in a menacing way and told that wouldn't cut it. I laughed to myself inside a bit and moved on.

I have tried absolutely positioning a div but it only locks it to the bottom of the first page and the text flows behind it. (IE7 and FF2)

I have no doubt that I'm making this more complicated than need be. I'm sure there is a Put this at the bottom of a printed page tag that I'm missing. :rolleyes:

Arbitrator
12-08-2006, 03:05 AM
What you request seems to be defined in section four (http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-page/#margin-boxes) of the CSS 3 Paged Media Module, but that specification is still in the drafting stage and apparently no browsers support the @page at‐rules yet. It doesnít look like any browsers except Opera 9 even support the CSS 2 Paged Media section either, so Iím guessing that widespread support is going to be a long while in coming.

Edit (correction): Firefox 2, Internet Explorer 7, and Konquerer 3.5 seem to support parts of the CSS 2 Paged Media section, but I donít see anything that would help you.

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-08-2006, 03:42 AM
Correct a table has no height attribute but you CAN use CSS to make the table 100% height.

Arbitrator
12-08-2006, 04:02 AM
Ah, I figured that he wanted to scrap the table.

Eskimo
12-08-2006, 06:40 PM
If I must use a table until browsers catch up I guess I will. Thank you guys very much for the extra brain power.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum