View Full Version : Playing an FLV video

kwhubby
12-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Hello, I am trying to play a flv video (not embedded in an swf) in a webpage. I would assume that I would simply need an embed object with the correct information. I code all my html by hand, and therefore I need the specific tags for doing this, not instructions for a WYSIWYG editor like dreamweaver.
Thanks!

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-03-2006, 11:37 PM
You will still need a flash file to play the .flv file. You can't play the .flv file directly like you would a .swf file or a .avi file. Do you have Flash 8 or Dreamweaver 8 available to you? If not post the url to the .flv file. I'll put it in a .swf file for you.

kwhubby
12-04-2006, 03:21 AM
Are you saying all flv files MUST be integrated in an swf files? Well considering the project involves many many videos; I need to be instructed on the procedure to integrate these using flash 8 (batch processing?).
I was reading a wikipedia article that described various methods for delivering flv files:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLV
A more automatic method of delivering the videos would be nice. Server side languages and databases could be used.
This thread now seems to be deviating away from "html & css" as it has little to do with that now.

_Aerospace_Eng_
12-04-2006, 03:24 AM
Yes thats what I'm saying. You can use one .swf file and use FlashVars to pass different .flv files to the .swf file.

kwhubby
12-10-2006, 07:41 AM
Is it possible that you or anybody could make me a simple player for it? swf file and the tags necessary. That would be really appreciated, since I am not skilled at flash.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum