View Full Version : AndreaRogers.com site design

11-30-2006, 01:39 PM
umm... I'm redesigning my mom's website (old version - www.andrearogers.com (http://www.andrearogers.com) ) and... well... here are some sample pages.

I will start php coding this weekend, hopefully. Also, she is going to rewrite her biography.

so, I would like any comments and suggestions on both the layout and coding.

11-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Very nice looking, and no problems whatsoever until the fourth page:

HTML Validation Result

line 68 column 1 - Warning: trimming empty <dd>

0 errors / 1 warning

11-30-2006, 05:57 PM
Looks nice, a lot better than the current homepage. I would just add some more padding in between articles and between the navigation and the content. It just seems a little squished together right now. And the light gray body text is a little hard to read.

11-30-2006, 11:37 PM
alright. I'll fix the dd. and make the text darker? mmkay.

oh, and the layout is really screwed up in mac IE5, and I don't have a mac, so I can't really fix it...

12-01-2006, 05:16 PM
I'd definitely darken that text... No lighter than #666 is the rule I go by. I'd also adjust the line-height to something a little more spaced out. You've got Arial at 14px too, and it jumps in size from 13px to 14px bigtime. It's weird like that... Try it at 13px and maybe 20px line-height? I don't know. Your call, of course.

12-03-2006, 01:28 PM
It is currently at #b3b3b3... I'll try #636363
and I'll try adjusting the text size.

EDIT - I adjusted the text like you said, and here's what it looks like, new on the left, old on the right.

I got some opinions, including my mom's, and they all said the old looked better, as it was "neater and easier to read."