View Full Version : creating new pages using php

alex57
11-21-2006, 12:15 AM
When a webpage is continually added to it is good to start a new web page to continue the data on. So on a blog for example, if one webpage holds ten posts maximum, another webpage has to be created to hold additonal posts. Is there a way to do this is php so that a new page is automatically generated to hold the new posts??

Thanks

Fumigator
11-21-2006, 04:25 AM
Sure, PHP can do all kinds of stuff. Your question is too vague to give any specific info though.

timgolding
11-22-2006, 03:08 AM
Paging systems are what you require. An example of a pagin system is www.google.co.uk. When you do a search it uses a paging system to show the search results. There are probably some ready made paging systems out there and you can just modify accordingly

chump2877
11-22-2006, 03:22 AM
Paging systems are what you require. An example of a pagin system is www.google.co.uk (http://www.google.co.uk). When you do a search it uses a paging system to show the search results. There are probably some ready made paging systems out there and you can just modify accordingly

Just to clarify, I think you mean a "pagination" system....I would find a PHP pagination class somewhere and use it....

I wrote a class that paginates a MySQL result source, if you want it...let me know...

timgolding
11-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Just to clarify, I think you mean a "pagination" system....I would find a PHP pagination class somewhere and use it....

I wrote a class that paginates a MySQL result source, if you want it...let me know...

Pagination - thats the word I was looking for. Thanks Chump :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum