View Full Version : sending url using php

11-12-2006, 06:47 PM

i want to send a mail to my client.in that mail my client should receive the message and should receive a link.when he clicks that link a small window should be open,so that he can send reply to me and once he press submit button then the link shoud die.i want to do with javascript/php.how i can do this please help me.

11-12-2006, 07:40 PM

From what it sounds like, you are going to need to send a dynamically generated html page as the email body. I am not sure if the servers will allow you to send a javascript that opens a new window as they scan for viruses etc...

The whole thing with the link is quite simple. Have a column in the table that is labled something like 'link'.. when the email is sent, you can set this value to 0 and once he has accessed the page that the link refers to you can simply assign a value of 1 to the column, so in the link you would have to send the table ID as well, like : ?id=55

Then you simply check if the value is 1 or 0 and allow him to view the page or show a message denying him access.

Hope this helps a bit!