View Full Version : perl module problem

11-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi Guys,

I recently tried to install the W3 validator on my local machine running on windows XP here is the guide

Everything seemed to go fine all except the installation of one of the perl modules Text-Iconv
it says on the guide (as its a installation guide for windows) that it will work but when i look for this module on windows i can't find it anywere

Ive searched all over google for 3 days running now and still havn't solved my problem, please could someone who is very clever see if they can do a windows install and provide me the details on how i would be very gratefull.

11-30-2006, 11:08 AM

If it didn't install the perl module you can do it yourself. Just download the zip file here:

Perl modules usually go into C:\perl\lib or c:\perl\site\lib
You don't need to do the usual "make install" stuff that you would on Unix/Linux. Just put the extracted folder into C:\perl\site\lib and make sure that in the perl script that it has something like:
use Text-Iconv;

11-30-2006, 11:19 AM

Thanks for your reply ive actually got it all working now, Sorry i should have posted back to let people no i must have forgot.

but thanks for your info at least for future use i no how to get more pearl modules working on windows