I enabled mod_status on my server and the report is full of OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0.
eg. I just took a random snapshop and there were 95 lines of requests and only 11 were actual website requests. The request were just OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0. I googled and just found people saying its nothing to worry about but unless I'm understanding the report wrong, those requests used 23 seconds of CPU time compared to 8 seconds for the real requests.
I'm trying to diagnose some server load problems (mostly sits around 1-2 but about once a week - at different times the load goes 90+) and if these things really are nothing to worry about, is there any way I can remove them from the server status report, they're swamping the real data and just getting in the way