Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
05-07-2010, 10:43 PM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2010
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
disable content compression on wordpress
I have run into a problem that requires that I disable content compression on my wordpress blog. I have no idea how to do this or even where to start. I'm an amateur, so it would help if you could give any advice in very simplistic terms.
My website is hosted by Hostmonster. I have never developped a .htaccess site or anything. My blog is with Wordpress. I'm trying to get a page accepted by SocialSpark and it's being turned away because of this problem. They told me to go to admin, then configuration, then server settings, and to simply uncheck something etc. in wordpress. It sounds simple, but I can't find this and am not sure if it applies to me since I'm hosted by Hostmonster. Their other solutions are a lot more complex, requiring me to mess with a .htaccess page I can't even find.
Any help, any direction whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.
05-08-2010, 04:26 AM #2
1. It's best to contact your hosting provider for support on server-related issues.
2. If the problem can be fixed in Wordpress itself, maybe there's a Wordpress-specific forum where you can ask the same question.
3. .htaccess files are hidden (that's why they have a dot [.] in front), you can see those files by activating the "show hidden files" feature of whatever you're using to view your web directories. If you still don't find any .htaccess file(s) after showing hidden files, chances are you don't have any. You can just create one that has the contents you need to put in them, then save the file in the correct directory (where the support guy/tutorial says you should find the .htaccess file).
Last edited by Samhain13; 05-08-2010 at 04:28 AM.I am a Man of Truth. I am a Free Human Person. I am a Peacemaker.
** Independent Multimedia Artist in Pasig **
05-08-2010, 11:51 AM #3
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
- South Yorkshire, England
- Thanked 304 Times in 303 Posts