Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    problem in displaying unicode with ajax(get method)

    Hi people!!

    My requirement is that i have to retriee hindi font data from the database and display it in the textbox using ajax.
    when i am retrieving data from the database in the responseText and seeing the result using alert(responseText), instead of seeing the hindi font data all i see is a series of qestion marks(???.???).
    can anyone tell me what could be the reason for this?is there anything that i need to set in order to display the hindi font data using ajax?

    please help
    thanks in advance

  • #2
    Supreme Master coder! abduraooft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    14,853
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,210 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Are you able to display retrieved data using normal method(no ajax) ?
    The Dream is not what you see in sleep; Dream is the thing which doesn't let you sleep. --(Dr. APJ. Abdul Kalam)

  • #3
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks for the response. yes i am able to see the data retrieved correctly when not using ajax.
    are there any settings or changes to be done with the code?

  • #4
    Master Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,682
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked 890 Times in 879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by candidnj1 View Post
    thanks for the response. yes i am able to see the data retrieved correctly when not using ajax.
    are there any settings or changes to be done with the code?
    did you try to change from post to get?
    also a link could help to figure out what's happend, if you can post one.

    regards

  • #5
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi!!

    after struggling for some time, i was able to display the unicode data using ajax.
    i changed from get to post and also had used pageEncoding="utf-8" on the jsp and request.setcharacterEncoding("utf-8") on the java class.

    thanks guys
    your solutions were really helpful.

  • #6
    New Coder
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hie, candidnj1 ....,may u tell me plz more detail about how u solve the unicode problem? i have the same problem in saving the unicode too..
    plz give a response. thank you very much

  • #7
    Master Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,682
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked 890 Times in 879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by candidnj1 View Post
    Hi!!

    after struggling for some time, i was able to display the unicode data using ajax.
    i changed from get to post and also had used pageEncoding="utf-8" on the jsp and request.setcharacterEncoding("utf-8") on the java class.

    thanks guys
    your solutions were really helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudy View Post
    hie, candidnj1 ....,may u tell me plz more detail about how u solve the unicode problem? i have the same problem in saving the unicode too..
    plz give a response. thank you very much
    I suggest to start a new thread if you don't get an answer.

    regards

  • #8
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    please help me here

    http://www.codingforums.com/showthre...99#post1158899

    my problem is similar to that


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •