Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: view request url sent via ajax??
07-06-2010, 07:20 AM #1
- Join Date
- May 2009
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
view request url sent via ajax??
Excuse me if similar issue has been posted earlier.
Am using ajax, calling url
url = 'file1.php?action=feeds_comments&output=xml&table='+table+'&feed_id='+feed_id_1+'&page='+page+'&comm ent_page='+cpage;
I can get the url called by either putting alert OR using live http headers but my client is not a savvy.
I want him to view the current request url sent but how??
What will be the easiest way for this?
Thanks in advance.
07-06-2010, 08:32 PM #2
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
- Some say it's everything.
- Thanked 397 Times in 390 Posts
- Create a block on the page that displays the last URL called by the script. This just takes a call to something like
document.getElementById('id_here').innerHTML=url;and you're done (once you have put an element in the page with an id of "id_here" or whatever you choose to name it). Then you just AJAX load the content as usual.
- Before loading the content, set the page to display the url only. Then use a setTimeout call to delay the url call. During that span of delay time the user can see the url being requested.
Give us some idea of what is too complicated for the user.The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid. –G.K. Chesterton
See Mediocrity in its Infancy
It's usually a good idea to start out with this at the VERY TOP of your CSS:
Seek and you shall find... basically: validate your markup | view your page cross-browser/cross-platform | free web tutorials | free hosting