I have an xml response that is hanging. Here's a stripped down version of my response:
This particular response is supposed to just display a simple web page. It's been working in my tests. For the record, I just use a substring on the xmlHttp.responseText (determing the position of the <html> and </html> tags via the indexOf() method) to extract the web page from the response text. That shouldn't be part of the problem... like I said, it's been working in tests.
However, I add a <SCRIPT> tag (as seen above) and it now hangs. If I remove that tag, it works. Then I stumbled upon this oddity... if I put alerts in my code... presto, it starts working again . Here's the code that is supposed to write the page:
that code hangs. the following code works fine
well, it works fine except for the fact I have to hit "Ok" on three alert boxes. But the page displays fine. If I remove those alerts, the page doesn't display... it just hangs. Or if I remove the <SCRIPT> tag, it displays fine.